Communication Common Sense
Just because we know how to communicate, it doesn’t necessarily mean we execute well. The difference between intelligent recognition of communication principles and practical application is often extreme. As a consequence the initial intended message is not delivered to its strongest impact.
A few thoughts:
1. Get an independent expert opinion on impressions you leave;
2. Have a communications coach remind you of the basics and translate those basics into permanent behaviour;
3. Prepare like an elite athlete for most common occasions:- Clear goals
- Breakdown preparation
- Prepare and train properly; and
- Analyse performance
4. Regardless of your level, seek to improve.